Learn what makes your heart beat.
Videos make amazing storytellers. In visual format, information becomes easier to digest and understand, which is why online users are more attracted to moving content than static text.
If you haven’t started marketing your classes using video, you really ought to start now because:
- Simply using the word “video” in an email subject line can raise click-through rates by 65 percent and open rates by 19 percent.
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rate by 80 percent.
- Adding video in marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200 to 300 percent.
If you can make these tactics work for your business, imagine how many more students will be booking your classes! Excited yet? Below, we’ve curated the five best practices for using video content to market your listings.
1. Make the first 10 seconds count
The first 10 seconds of your video content will dictate whether your audience will stay to watch the rest of the film or click away, as 20 percent of viewers are known to do.
To keep them engaged, ask questions to spark curiosity and catch attention right away. At the onset of your video, you should be able to convey its value and explain why they need to watch the entire clip to get the most out of it.
2. Use video as a teaser for your class
One of the most powerful ways you can use video marketing to attract more students is to share tips related to what you teach. If you run a watercolour painting workshop, create videos about the different types of paper, pigments, washes, ways to hold a brush, and so on.
Providing such valuable information with your target audience will give them a better idea about your teaching style and can entice them to want to learn more from you.
3. Always be closing…or not
Want to convince your viewers to click on the Book Now button? The last thing you should do is to make it a hard sell.
The best way to push your class is, well, not to push it. Instead of being all salesy, use your video to tell an engaging story. Focus more on the value that they will get out of attending your class. For example, use clips of past classes, shots of students having a blast, maybe some behind-the-scenes takes of you preparing for the session.
4. Optimise video for search engines
Make your videos work twice harder by optimising them for search engines:
- Enable embedding to attract more inbound links.
- Insert a title, description, and keywords to match the video content.
- Create a video sitemap. This lets Google’s search spiders to make sense of your video, help it rank higher on search results.
Want to learn more about SEO for video? You can find more tips here.
5. Bring your sense of humour
Every student is out to learn something new, pursue their passion, or do something fun - maybe all of the above! Adding a touch of humour to your video can help make viewers feel like coming to your workshop would be an awesome experience and maybe even encourage them to bring friends along.
Apply these best practices to your video strategy and start to supercharge your marketing today.
Need help creating your video content? View our latest media packages.
Get the best of WeTeachMe straight to your inbox!
Read stories from our community heroes, find inspiration to follow your passion and learn what makes your heart beat!
You might also like...